Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For the love of Papertrey

Hellllooooooo blog world! hee hee... I have a confession....I've been a blog lurker! And for a long time I've thought about having an amazing blog created by little ol me. Never did it. What can I say? I'm a thinker but not much of a doer sometimes. Well, this is finally happening thanks to Papertrey Ink at http://www.papertreyink.com/ My newest crafty obsession has inspired me to get some crafty goodness out in the world. Thanks to all of the inspiring creations and frequent postings of the designers at PTI! Can't wait for the release party tonight and I am hoping to participate in the blog hop when that comes around. For now, though, Here's a little taste of what I was making in December...

The annual handmade photo ornament of my girls for our tree and the trees of their grandarents and aunt and uncle has been a tradition for the past 6 or so years. This year I was inspired by the bird pattern at Scarlet Lime and came up with a similiar design and changed it around to suit my needs.


Simple little school photo folders made out of cardstock. They open up and have two pockets inside full of current photos of the family.


Teacher and co worker gifts! Inside these little paper cups are coffee gift cards and homemade peppermint bark. The container was inspired by PTI's Lauren Meader at http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ and her Timeless Templates. I downloaded her free stocking template (thankyou Lauren!) and just changed it a bit and voila! it's a coffee cup! These were fun to deliver.



More peppermint bark for all of those people who touch our lives on a weekly basis. Just a simple way to say thanks and to satisfy my need to stamp something once in a while :)





And finally a non christmas card for a special graduate we know. I stamped the flowers in white pigment ink and then colored it in with SU! watercolor wonder crayons. My good friend and SU! demonstrator, Elise, sent me a card a while back with this technique and it was fun to try. My favorite part of this card though was the definition of "achievement" that I took out of a vintage webster's dictionary. Somehow these teeny little strips of words made me smile!

Soooo, anywhoo, that's it for now. If you are reading this, thanks! and questions are always welcome :) PS: I have NO idea how to do this blog thing so please forgive my learning curve if I mess something up. thanks!

No comments: